Psychology and Change Management: Implementing an Enterprise Test Methodology
Two years ago I was asked to join a team as a Test Lead to work on rolling out an enterprise wide test methodology to improve quality at my Fortune 200 company. During this journey I analyzed various complex systems, influenced people to think about systems differently and helped to modify their testing approach accordingly. In this session:
- Hear my experience report on how the team that was formed, the preparation, implementation, obstacles and results.
- Why 70% of transformational changes fail.
- The psychology behind change management.
- Why Test Professionals must be willing to flex and change.
- Understand why resistance to change is normal human behavior.
- What roles are critical to making transformational changes successful.
- How to avoid actions that will cause transformation changes to fail.
- Steps you can take to be successful in implementing changes, from small process change, to changes in culture.
Date: October 8, 2015
Time: 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm